A message to the NFL and all the Super Bowl fans and visitors who will descend on Minneapolis in a few weeks. Spend some time exploring Minneapolis tours and attractions on the other side of the Twin Cities. Minneapolis is home to many different cultures from Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Africa. All these different groups have brought their food with them which makes Minneapolis a great city for food. The best way to impress our Super Bowl guests is to help guide them towards giving their taste buds and bellies a proper treat, and we have been hard at work patiently awaiting your arrival to the city to treat you to the best Super Bowl experience yet!
Super Bowl fans are no stranger to food challenges. With so many amazing and unique food options near downtown your Super Bowl food challenge will definitely kick up a notch as you continue on your Super Bowl countdown. Both eager and ready to accept the challenge of filling up on as many different types of tantalizing food during the Super Bowl week as you can. We know you’re thinking about where to eat here in the Twin-Cities during your stay and looking up all the best Super Bowl promotions. So let’s get into it!
Located closer to US Bank Stadium than many of downtown’s restaurants is the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood with its eclectic mix of Somali and Ethiopian restaurants with a few good ole American bars sprinkled in, and each with their own Super Bowl bar promotions. If you want to do a Minneapolis walking tour of one of many of the great places around the city, the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood is a fantastic place to start.
If the idea of American food or traditional ethnic food doesn’t quite capture your fantasy, we at Jambo Kitchen have crafted a nice balance with our own brand of African fusion food. We are most definitely an African restaurant, but with a touch of Asia, the Middle East, and America mixed in.
We understand if you don’t want to go too far afield of the concerts, ski jumps, and other activities going on downtown. We offer a Super Bowl catering menu and we can come to you with our Super Bowl delivery services of food and drinks including East African tea, our Super Bowl samosas (sambusa), and African donuts or African dough balls known better as Mara donuts which make for good pastry snacks. Who said Super Bowl food needs to be bar food all day everyday? Jambo is honored to support the NFL Super Bowl week at home in Minneapolis, and help get our Superbowl guests in a party mood with fun but nutritious food. We can deliver to all Minneapolis hotels on super bowl weekend and bring you one of our delicious, healthy Jambo bowls, or some of our popular Jambo tacos!
You might have come to Minnesota with the image of frozen, frigid landscapes. Hearty, weathered people that have adapted to the harsh conditions. And, of course, Minnesota Nice and the lovely phrase “You betcha”. We want to show you a different side of the Minnesota experience. Whether you’re looking for things to do on a Friday night in Minneapolis, planning a Super Bowl pregame party, looking up Super Bowl catering specials or just Super Bowl food promotions in the city, let your NFL Super Bowl tickets be your ticket to an experience of a lifetime in Minneapolis that will satisfy all of your senses.
Here Top 5 Culinary Excursions from the ‘other side’ of Minneapolis:
- Cornmeal pancakes at Maria’s Cafe
- Sticky rice at the Hmongtown Marketplace
- Veggie combo at Demera Restaurant
- Arepa’s at Cafe Racer Kitchen
- Sambusa & Tea at Jambo Kitchen
Here are the Top 5 Entertainment Places in Minneapolis:
- Red Sea Restaurant and Bar is a great place to hear live music and hang out at night.
- Cedar Cultural Center is the go to music venue for World Music in the Twin Cities.
- Cafe Southside is a gluten-free restaurant and cafe, but also hosts lots of cultural events and meetings.
- Capri Theater is in the heart of black Minnesota on the North side. It has an amazing lineup of artists.
- Pillsbury House & Theater
Here are the 5 best places with live music in Minneapolis:
- First Avenue is a hot spot for live music, dancing, and one of the best concert venues in Minneapolis.
- Ice House is a late-night 2-story fixture offers American cuisine, drinks & live music in an industrial-chic space.
- Hell’s Kitchen is Quirky American restaurant offering an all-day menu & frequent live music in an underground space.
- Dakota Jazz Club is an Intimate cabaret setting with music every night plus full-service American fine dining & cocktails.
- Varsity Theater & Cafe des Artistes: Theater, dance, live music & other events in an intimate venue with a hip, elegant vibe.
Here are 5 best places for Art in Minneapolis:
- Minneapolis Institute of Art is a fine art museum located in the Whittier neighborhood of Minneapolis, Minnesota
- The Walker Art Center is a multidisciplinary contemporary art center in the Lowry Hill neighborhood of Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum is an art museum located on the University of Minnesota campus in Minneapolis
- I like you Handmade Gifts from Minnesota is a unique handmade gifts from local Minnesota artists.
- Public Functionary (PF) is an art exhibition and social space in Northeast Minneapolis.